Any way to run the original Anno discs on Windows 10 bit? - Arqade.Anno not loading on windows 10

Looking for:

Anno not loading on windows 10 - Microsoft Community.Anno A.D. on  













































     


Anno The New World Download ( Strategy Game).Anno not loading on windows 10 - Microsoft Community



 

Remove Move to wishlist Wishlisted Owned. Try adjusting the terms of your search, you can search by game titles, publishers, developers and tags. TBA Owned Free. Menu Store New releases. Sign in Create account Sign in. The search term must be at least 3 characters long. Xarqua Xarqua Sorry, data for given user is currently unavailable. Please, try again later. View profile View wishlist Start conversation Invite to friends Invite to friends Accept invitation Accept invitation Pending invitation You can't chat with this user due to their or your privacy settings.

You can't chat with this user because you have blocked him. You can't invite this user because you have blocked him. Posted October 01, I am running windows 8 with the same direct draw problem. The game is quite laggy when you try to play except in the lowest resolution. I found a solution that made the game work in full resolution. In game you can set the games highest resolution and for whatever reason the game speed works like a charm.

Sure you have to deal in being in the corner but its not a big deal because you can reduce your windows resolution down enough that it will be a close enough match. The game is at least playable without lag that way. Posted March 12, Hi everybody, I'm not sure if this is still relevant for somebody, but I've recently tried to get some old games running on windows 10, including Anno I tried the solutions here but I still experienced a relatively low frame rate, especially when playing in x resolution.

I think I found a solution for it though that I wanted to share : For another old game Star Trek Birth of the federation there is a tool called "DxWnd", I'm not really sure what it specifially does but I assume it's some kind of DirectX Emulation. Since I had it for that other game already, I just put the Annostartup. I extracted it to my Anno installation folder, so there is a new folder named "dxwnd Fullscreen" in it. I guess the location doesn't really matter.

I started the dxwnd. There is a long list of settings in it already for that other game, i just right-clicked the top one Birth of the Federation and selected "modify". I left all the other settings as they were and clicked "OK". I right-clicked the just modified entry and selected "run". That's it : I changed the resolution in-game to x and it works fine without lags 8. When closing dxwnd you should click "yes" to save the modifications you made.

You'll have to run it through that tool every time so you might consider creating a short cut. Posted March 30, I recently installed Anno as the disk game would no longer work on Windows I have been happily playing for several days with minor hick-ups but nothing terrible.

Today the game refuses to start. I get the error message that " has stopped Working". If this matches the title for your version of Anno 's executable, it should work with the game. Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Search the community and support articles Windows Windows 10 Search Community member. Im eunning windows 10 64 bit btw and any help will be greatly appreciated.

This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. I have the same question Report abuse. Details required :. Cancel Submit. AracelyRosemond Independent Advisor. I would love to help you today. Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP Potentially Unwanted Products. Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. Let me know if the information has been helpful in solving your problem.

How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. There is a chance your problem has to do with running 64bit Windows. I believe Anno AD changed to Safedisk copy protection, which you still need to use a noCD fix with on Win10 thanks to MS, but it would have a better chance of installing completely from the disc.

In reply to AracelyRosemond's post on September 13, Sadly i tried this and it didn't help the game work. In reply to BossDweeb's post on September 14, Got any recommendations for any noCD fix recommendations? Check this link, I hope it helps. In reply to RedTheAnimal's post on September 14, You may find a way to get the game installed and running, or a link to another noCD fix if the one above does not work.

I tried to download from the website but it keeps telling me it uses an unsupported protocol.

   


Comments